Saturday, April 27, 2013

How to hide my Facebook account from facebook search?

Q. I want ,when someone who isn't my friend on facebook search my name or e-mail on facebook search,my facebook profile doesn't appear on its results.
I know, there was a way to hide facebook account from facebook search already, (before facebook changes to timeline),but now i can't find that option.
I want just hide my profile from those who are not my friends on facebook.

A. Set all options in the settings to private.
That should work.

How to hide your profile from Facebook search?
Q. I want to hide my profile so that when person searches for me using name or email - my profile does NOT come up.

I googled this question and found answers on Yahoo Answers and other places but they are outdated. Facebook REMOVED "search" option under privacy settings. So my question is - is it still possible to hide your profile from facebook search and how do you do it?

A. http://abrax.us/Facebook/NotSearchable.php

Facebook search: why do some names appear before the others?
Q. When I go to type a name into Facebook search and type in the first letter, a list of names appears and it is generally in alphabetical order. However, there are always a few names that appear at the top of the list (even though they wouldn't be the earliest alphabetically). Why is that?

A. If you went to a person's account that way, fb tries to help you by making them the first selection.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment