Friday, April 26, 2013

How do I design web applications and games for ipods/ facebook?

Q. I have all of these ideas about game development for ipod and other game applications for Facebook and such but I have no idea how to start. Is there a class or a book or can anyone give me some pointers on how to start to learn how to develop applications. I am a photographer/artist with no knowledge of computers at all. So just tell me where I can start from the beginning and what i need to learn for basic programing. Thank you so much or all of your help!

A. If you go to the apple website, they have many video tutorials for developing software for Iphone & Ipod... Facebook also have documentation for their apis.

Apple
http://developer.apple.com/

Facebook
http://developers.facebook.com/

Good Luck!

What type of technical writing should I submit with a software development job application?
Q. The job description states, "please send writing sample (preferably technical)." This is a position for an student web and mobile developer with responsibilities position at my university such as "web applications, web services, and iOS applications."

I have never had an opportunity to write a technical writing and have no idea where to start. What would be a good topic to cover? I do have other writing examples from my writing classes freshman year, but none of these essays are relevant to the job. Would these be appropriate to send as well?

Thank you! The help is much appreciated!

A. I am a software engineer. I overwrite everything. I put in all the technical words and details. Makes it so confusing. I hate reading other software eng writings! I would search though the internet or ehow for an article written on how to "create a facebook account" or "how to download and install chrome", "how to process a credit card transaction using a card scanner", "install touchscreen software" , etc. Find a really bad, but detailed written article. Print it off and re-write it. Then submit the two articles as your writing samples.

Blender 3D Game as a FaceBook application?
Q. I have a blender game in .exe format and was wondering how I could make it a facebook application. Or maybe put it on one of those free website makers? Anyway to put it on the internet publicly?

A. First off, no, you can't make an .exe a facebook app. You have to have the source in order to make it a facebook app and then it has to be compatible with their "platform." I'd need more details to know just what you're wanting but I think it would be best for you to read about facebook development here: http://developers.facebook.com/

Now in regards to just making it publicly available, that depends whether or not you're looking for free or are willing to put some money down for web hosting. If you're willing to pay for hosting, any host from Yahoo to Host Excellence (http://www.hostexcellence.com) will let you upload it via an FTP program and distribute it so long as you remain under your monthly traffic allowance. If you're looking for free though, the size of the file will need to be fairly small (we're talking less than 10 meg) and the host must not specify that file distribution is against the rules.

Now if you don't mind other people being able to see the source code of your file, you can always start a project at SourceForge and put the code and finished executables there for distribution.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment