Saturday, March 23, 2013

How do you make a peace sign on facebook?

Q. How do you make a peace sign on facebook?? I know how to make a heart (â¥) and a smiley face (âº) but not a peace sign. If anybody knows, please answer this question!!

A. In Unicode, the peace sign is U+262E: â®, and can thus be generated in HTML by typing â® or â®.

However, internet browsers may not have a font that can display it.

How to make the peace sign on facebook chat?
Q. Ok well ive seen someone do a peace sign on facebook Instant chat and i feel dumb asking them how so can you tell me?

A. Here...cut and paste this: â®

Why to I have to sign into facebook to make a comment on a Yahoo news subject? kind of dumb?
Q. I try to comment on a yahoo news item in the box when I highlight yahoo a window pops up asking me to sign into facebook. Kind of dumb isn't it?

A. Yes, it is very dumb. The only choice seems to be "agree", and to set up a Facebook account with your Yahoo login, which I want nothing to do with. Yahoo "customer service" seems to be no help.

I wrote:
I keep having trouble when I want to respond to a Yahoo news article. Yahoo keeps wanting me to agree to sign in to Facebook in order to let me post. I do not want a facebook account, nor do I want to participate in Facebook. The only choice seems to be "agree". How do I make sure that there are no links to Facebook from my Yahoo account?

And they responded:
I understand you have been experiencing difficulties while accessing News article. I realize the inconvenience you may have experienced due to this.

Yahoo! does not provide email technical support for [News]. There are two places to get help with your technical issues. The first is our help pages--we have troubleshooting steps, how-to's, and general information there:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/helpcentral/

Note: All services can be found by clicking "All Yahoo! Services" below the large icons on the Yahoo! Help Central home page.

If you can't find your answer there, millions of people each day are able to get their answers directly from the Yahoo! user community on Yahoo! Answers.

That link is:

http://answers.yahoo.com

Of course, I had already tried help central before asking the customer service question, which they evidently completely misunderstood. Then on the second link, I find another person complaining about the same problem I am having. If this is the future of Yahoo, they will be out of business soon.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment