Saturday, February 16, 2013

How do I fix a bug on Facebook Mobile?

Q. A few of my friends on my Facebook Mobile app appear to be "not my friends" so I can't view their profiles on the mobile app. BUT on my computer, using the regular Facebook, those friends are there and I can view them and leave posts normally. Is Facebook going to fix this problem?

A. It's likely a bug on their (mobile) server code, so even if you had access to the API you still wouldn't be able to change it. You might have better luck submitting a ticket and patiently awaiting they solve it. (That's the problem with services owned by others, you're bound by their priorities.)

However, you may still want to get your hands dirty, if you're technically inclined. Searching around I found their mobile platform API is available here: http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Mobile
Good luck.

What information does this facebook app use?
Q. I have all my settings put on "only friends" i want to use a certain app thats a game, what information will it use?

A. In general, when you use a third-party application, you give the developers the right to see all of your information, as well as all of your friends information.

Do Facebook applications retain your information even after you've uninstalled them?
Q. So if I remove an application, does it still remember and retain and reuse my details and contact info? Cause that would not be cool. Any app developers know this?

A. they dont retain your info




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment