Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Why did Facebook become the number one social network?

Q. In your opinion, why is Facebook number one.

Thanks for your input.

A. Mainly because Facebook targeted the adult demographics from the beginning. It started out as a site for university students only, most of these people were in their 20es.

Even today the main users of Facebook are between 25 and 35. These people use it the most because they need to keep in touch with their friends, ex school/university friends, ex colleagues etc.

And these adult users work, have money, they buy stuff. That's why Facebook could generate income using ads and stuff..actually making money, hiring the best people to work for them, and always be ahead of the competition.

Myspace and others targeted teenagers mainly, and providing something for these means to be trendy, always offer something exciting and innovative, that's why they failed.

It takes an enormous amount of money to run a social site like these, and if you don't have money coming in, you simple can't keep up.

Does it cost money to use text your status on Facebook Mobile?
Q. I want to know if it costs money to text the facebook number that lets you update your status and things. I have a cricket phone with unlimited texting, but I don't want it to charge extra if I text that.

A. No it doesn't cost money no matter what kind of phone

Why wont my pictures send to facebook from my phone anymore?
Q. I recently got a new phone. a blackberry 8310. I had an andriod before and the pictures easily sent to facebook. But ever since I got a new phone none of my pictures will upload when I send them to the facebook number 32665. any idea why its different with my blackberry? By the way I dont know how to refresh facebook mobile on my phone?

A. You're gonna have to go to the 'mobile' thing in your settings on Facebook..there will be an email you send the pictures too that go to your profile. Save that email as a contact named Facebook in your phone, and send the pictures there.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment