Sunday, April 7, 2013

Where can I get my application secret besides facebook developers?

Q. I've looked all over the web, but I can't find where I can get my app. secret besides facebook developers! I know my app. id but not secret. Please help! Thanks!

A. Not an easy answer but here it goes. When you submit an app. since you developed it then you can also include a user id and password access to it.
My suggestion is for you to add those in your app. while in development and don't forget to add a session because its a good way to secure the app. from simple hacks.
When it is ready then release a newer version without the session or login.

How do you setup a store on Facebook?
Q. I see that 1-800-Flowers has a Facebook store. Is this an app they built?

A. What some of these large brands do is hire website development firms and pay to have custom Apps built that work on top of Facebook. I was looking to do one for my online eCommerce business and quotes ranged from $31,000 to $47,000 to build an App for my Facebook page which for my business I could not justify the cost. I stumbled across a Facebook App that only costs $10/mo and creates a very similar solution (it creates a shop tab on my Facebook fan page to show off my products) and actually is better for me as it drives the user to my Website to complete the transaction. I found it as I was looking to buy a product off Coca-Cola's online Facebook store and they are using this Facebook ShopTab App. Anyway you should either check out the ShopTab Facebook App at http://www.facebook.com/ShopTabApp or speak with some local website developers to see what they would charge you to build a custom one for your Facebook fan page.

How to creat a social networking app?
Q. How can I create an app /like/ the myspace, facebook and twitter apps I have on my droid?
I want to create one for a site that doesn't have one yet (or possibly my own facebook app?) I've googled it and I get "create an app FOR myspace/facebook" etc. is it possible to even create my own facebook app?

A. you can actually do that. just visit, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-development/6372-wanna-develop-apps.html. they will teach u




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment