Monday, April 22, 2013

What is an impression on Facebook advertising?

Q. I would like to advertise on Facebook and I am getting confused. I know what they mean by bid per click; however, and I don't mean to sound ignorant, I don't know what an impression is. Could somebody explain to me. I am just starting my store out and I don't want a big monthly expense. Which allows more viewers to see my add at a reasonable monthly Cost. So I guess I have two questions. Help, please.

A. An impression simply means that your ad was shown on a page.

A click means someone clicked on the ad when it was shown.

How much does it cost to advertise on websites?
Q. I'm doing a research project and need to include a marketing campaign. Does anyone know how much it costs to advertise on sites like Facebook, Twitter, or You Tube. Or any other big website in Canada. I don't know much about marketing, so the simpler definition the better. Thanks!

A. ad rates will depend on how many page views the website gets - find the contact info AT those websites and email them and ask

Why does facebook increase the cost of ads right before your very eyes?
Q. I advertise on facebook and when you setup an ad they will give you an initial pricing and scheduling rate. If you revisit the ad immediately after posting, they will raise the suggested rate by a somewhat skewed number. Why?

A. Because they can. As long as *you* pay, it stays free for the rest of us, your target audience.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment