Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What is the best design for facebook fanpage?

Q. I would like to know what are the best practices for custom Facebook fan page designs along with its specific dimensions. I am planning to engage my business with Facebook Marketing. I just need to know how to get it done.

Thank you!

A. Hey,

First up, let me congratulate you for even taking the time to seriously do some pre-planning prior to
launching a Custom FB Fan Page.

The best design - whether you get a yawn or a wow-is based on these 3 factors:
- First impressions when the visitor lands- what does he see in the 1st 3secs that's engaging?

- Make it very clear what is the next step- that you want him to take- hint, hint- Like your page

- Clearly show what is in it for him to strike a social conversation with your fanpage,
what are you all about and why should he care

As it relates to your "specific dimensions" Your facebook canvas is made up of two related but different areas:

Side banner profile- width 180px
Main Middle Profile- width 500px

Yes, not a lot of visual real estate- so use it wisely.

BIG Tip- look and see what the bigger players in your field are doing with their fan pages- then model and improve upon what works - within your budget

How can I get a custom URL for a Facebook Page?
Q. I know bands like Family Force 5 are able to have custom URLs for their Facebook pages (eg. http://www.facebook.com/familyforce5), and just recently, user profiles are able do that as well.

I have a business page for my company (not talking about a user profile, a Facebook page), does anyone know how I can get a custom URL for my business page?

Thanks so much!

A. http://www.facebook.com/username

for some reason, only some pages will be able to get a username right away, but eventually every page will get to pick their url.

How much would you pay (if anything) for a custom designed facebook profile picture?
Q. I asked a graphic designer to design a custom profile pic for my facebook page (cause I'm really picky). He said he would do it for $20. Is that a good deal. What's the most you would pay?

A. Depends on how complex the job you are asking him to do as well as how much time it will take him to do the job. These are all factors in the cost. So without more information it is very difficult to give you an answer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment