Monday, April 1, 2013

How does Facebook determine the order of the results when you type in a letter into the Facebook search bar?

Q. When you type in a letter into the Facebook search bar, it pre-lists a bunch of results of your friends. The order of your friends' names aren't in alphabetical order. I'm not sure if its if you view their page more or maybe they view your page more, it moves them up. But I haven't been able to prove it, so I doubt that theory.

Any ideas?

A. Popularity

How do I hide my Facebook profile from Facebook searches?
Q. I want to hide my Facebook profile from Facebook searches. I set up my profile to hide myself from search engines, but it doesn't hide me from Facebook searches. To test it, I created a fake Facebook account and searched my name in the Facebook search, and I found myself as the first result.

How do I get my profile to be hidden on the Facebook searches as well as the search engine searches?

A. Change your facebook display name to unique that no one has and make a privacy setting to only friends.

How to hide your profile from Facebook search?
Q. I want to hide my profile so that when person searches for me using name or email - my profile does NOT come up.

I googled this question and found answers on Yahoo Answers and other places but they are outdated. Facebook REMOVED "search" option under privacy settings. So my question is - is it still possible to hide your profile from facebook search and how do you do it?

A. http://abrax.us/Facebook/NotSearchable.php




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment