Friday, April 19, 2013

Facebook search: why do some names appear before the others?

Q. When I go to type a name into Facebook search and type in the first letter, a list of names appears and it is generally in alphabetical order. However, there are always a few names that appear at the top of the list (even though they wouldn't be the earliest alphabetically). Why is that?

A. If you went to a person's account that way, fb tries to help you by making them the first selection.

What can I do in order not to be found on the facebook search by my e-mail?
Q. What can I do in order not to be found on the facebook search by my e-mail? I can't find those privacy settings in timeline.

A. http://abrax.us/Facebook/NotSearchable.php

How do i become "invisible" in facebook searches?
Q. I want to set my Facebook account so that I can't be found in a facebook search for me. How do I do that? I need the directions for the most recent version of facebook.

Thanks

A. Click the account menu at the top right of any Facebook page and choose Privacy Settings.

Next to the Manage Settings for How You Connect heading, click Change Settings.

Select your preference from the dropdown menu next to âWho can look up your profile (timeline) by name or contact info?â




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment