Monday, April 15, 2013

Facebook, is there a web page called Facebook for Dummies?

Q. I have had a Facebook account for probably five years or more. I was on it maybe 2 or 3 times the first few days, was not impressed and ignored it for about 5 years. But for several reasons I have decided to get back into it. Is there a link that will take me and teach me how to use Facebook? About all I know how to do is log on.

Thanks!

A. Just log on and start using it. You will get prompts to ask what you want. If you want people to "friend" just search for them by name; there might be several people by the same name so you may have to figure out which is which.

I didn't expect to use it much and created an account out of boredom a few years ago. Within a few days I had people I hadn't seen in 30 years asking how I was and so on. I found some of my old musician friends and relatives I didn't even know.

How do you put existing Facebook photos into a new album? Is it even possible?
Q. So I'm trying to create a new Facebook album without uploading any new photos. I have Timeline and the only option it gives you when you click "Create Album" is to upload photos from your computer! AGH it's getting frustrating. If worst comes to worst, I can save all of my photos off of Facebook and put them into a new album but I thought I'd try this to see if there was a loophole. Thanks in advance for any answers!

A. yeah they seem to have missed that - basically what they are missing is an option in the "move photos" dropdown is a "create new album" option...

upload a dummy picture to create the album first

What is the best language to develop a Facebook game?
Q. I am going to develop a Facebook game as topic for my research. Actually it is somewhat similar to ESP Game. I need to develop a game in order to annotate images. I am wondering which programming languages I should choice.
I am used to programming in C++, C# and Java. I don't know how to use Flash or PHP. What is the best language which I can select to develop the game? I am waiting for an immediate reply. Thanks

A. According to my experience in programming, JAVA is the best solution for developing facebook games. There is a book i referred when learning PHP is "PHP for dummies" which is a very good book for beginners. http://www.setweaks.com/shop/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment