Thursday, March 14, 2013

How to make facebook page private, but photos viewable?

Q. I see people whose facebook pages are set to private, so you can't see their status updates, but you can still see their photos. How do I do this?

A. When you are on Facebook go to account (upper right in blue bar) there will be a drop down, click privacy settings. this will give you a page where you can see what your settings are at. At the bottom of this box is a link to "Customize settings" click here. From this page you can set settings for each aspect of your FB account individually. ie pictures, posts etc.

Hope this helped. Things change often keep up with it for best security.

Whats the FBML code to add an additional wall to a Facebook fan page? Is it possible?
Q. I have a facebook fan page and i use my main wall for news and posting links to internet stories.
I've been using the static FBML app to customize my page and i would now like to split my news into categories. Essentially by adding a new wall and have them for example as

Main News
Other News
Updates

if there is any other kind of FBML tab i can use to provide news feeds to a facebook page (similar to the wall) i would be happy to learn how its done.

A. Hi there,

Just to get you an heads up, FBML is already phased out by Facebook but you can still create a customize landing page/tab using HTML and/or iFrames.

Watch this tutorial video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaLAELfEp6E&feature=related
Hope this helps.

How do I keep my Mother from seeing the posts that my friends leave on my facebook page?
Q. I am 31 years old and love that my mom is on my page. We get to share pics of my children and other wonderfull information. However, I am divorced and have an active social life. She does not approve, and it would be better if I could block her from seeing my friends posts. I don't however want to block her from seeing my other family members posts. Is there a solution other than making 2 facebook pages?

A. Account ---->Privacy settings ---> Sharing on Facebook ---> Customize settings ----> Things others share ---> Can see Wall posts by friends ----> Customize
Click the "Preview My Profile" button.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment