Thursday, March 7, 2013

How does Facebook determine the order of the results when you type in a letter into the Facebook search bar?

Q. When you type in a letter into the Facebook search bar, it pre-lists a bunch of results of your friends. The order of your friends' names aren't in alphabetical order. I'm not sure if its if you view their page more or maybe they view your page more, it moves them up. But I haven't been able to prove it, so I doubt that theory.

Any ideas?

A. Popularity

Facebook search: why do some names appear before the others?
Q. When I go to type a name into Facebook search and type in the first letter, a list of names appears and it is generally in alphabetical order. However, there are always a few names that appear at the top of the list (even though they wouldn't be the earliest alphabetically). Why is that?

A. If you went to a person's account that way, fb tries to help you by making them the first selection.

What can I do in order not to be found on the facebook search by my e-mail?
Q. What can I do in order not to be found on the facebook search by my e-mail? I can't find those privacy settings in timeline.

A. http://abrax.us/Facebook/NotSearchable.php




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment