Saturday, March 16, 2013

How do I stop posts that are repeated a dozen times on my Facebook home page?

Q. The same post from a number of different friends on my Facebook home page appears repeated over and over again up to a dozen or more times in a row. Help!

A. Hello I.M.I:

If you look at the offending post(s), you will notice an "X" in the upper right-hand corner. By pointing-and-clicking on the X, you will call up the following options:

"Hide [Name of Friend/Page]"
"Mark as Spam"
"Cancel"

If you click "Hide"--messages of a similar nature (repeats) "should" be hidden from popping-up...unless, of course, Facebook has screwed-around with the code again (and that's a good possiblity). In which case, most/all messages from that friend/page will be blocked.

Clicking "Hide" is the "least punitive" of the measures, because clicking "Mark as Spam" may or may not have long-term effects on your friend.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Howcome my Facebook home page doesn't work on my iPhone but everything else works?
Q. My Facebook home page won't work on my iPhone but every other website works fine?

A. Idk, what can cause that problem (it may be because of cookies option in your iphone). But why don't you download that Facebook app??? it is both faster, easier to use, and you can chat with it

Problems posting articles and other things from the Internet or off Facebook on my Facebook Home page?
Q. Problems posting articles and other things from the Internet or off Facebook on my Facebook Home page?
I try to post a story or article from the Internet or off facebook on my HOME page and it does not show on Home, it just appears on my profile, so no one else can see it. Then I still can't get the article off my profile to get it to appear on my home page, How do I fix that?

A. Sounds like you may need to adjust your privacy settings. Check out this article for more info and instructions;

http://personalweb.about.com/od/makefriendsonfacebook/a/faceprivsetting.htm

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment