Thursday, March 14, 2013

How do I find the facebook template for powerpoint?

Q. - whoever answers this just give me directions I don't want links b/c I have to pay for that sh*t and I never find what I'm looking for!

A. I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for?
I found a lot of free power point templates here: http://bestpowerpointtemplates.com/

How could I make a website like Facebook?
Q. I know I will have to know CSS, HTML (maybe java script, or ruby?) and can use joomla to organize it. I want to make a website like that (same kinda template) but I want people to be able to make an account and put there own web comic on it - for the world to read. I was looking at site5 and for there cheapest host it has unlimited space. Does that matter? (would think so, people's data need to be stored somwhere)
Thanks!

A. Hosts just use the word "unlimited" but it doesn't really mean it's unlimited. Why else would people get a dedicated server... it does have a limit.. it's just rarely reached for small websites.

For what you are doing.. you may be able to design it and get started with a mid-level shared plan.. and then move up as your visitor count grows. I don't know your budget. You may be better off just getting a VPS. I have a VPS and it's a TON better than the shared hosting plans.

I host with SiteServing and love them.. great support. Just a good solid, dependable host. Server uptime would be important for the type of website you are designing.. and I've not had any downtime with SiteServing.

As far as building it.. yes you'd definitely need some custom programming. CSS, PHP, PERL, XML, JSON, RUBY, JS, MYSQL and others are needed. You may decide to just go with a template.. and build on it with plugins. WordPress perhaps...

For my site, I just used the free sitebuilder that came with my plan. You may need something a bit more customizable tho..

I would not host with Site5.. I have 2 friends who hosted with them and it was a nightmare. Also, don't host with Bluehost.. bad servers.


Here's the web host: www.siteserving.com

Good luck!

Does anyone know where to get good powerpoint backgrounds from?
Q. I want to make some really awesome powepoints for our praise and worship team at church. We are also preparing for a conference. I Just need something FREE and safe to get from the internet. I also have been looking for maybe having motion pictures play in the background with lyrics. BTw I use windows for powepoints. Any ideas? Links?Please Please Help me out.

Maybe even if anyone knows how to design custom backgrounds for FREE can teach me how.

A. There are some great PowerPoint templates on Office Online: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/FX100595491033.aspx?pid=CL100632981033

You can also find a wallpaper size picture you like and use it as a background for your presentation. If you have more questions we'd be happy to help out on the Office page on Facebook!

Cheers,
Andy
MSFT Office Outreach




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment