Thursday, March 21, 2013

How can I get a custom URL for a Facebook Page?

Q. I know bands like Family Force 5 are able to have custom URLs for their Facebook pages (eg. http://www.facebook.com/familyforce5), and just recently, user profiles are able do that as well.

I have a business page for my company (not talking about a user profile, a Facebook page), does anyone know how I can get a custom URL for my business page?

Thanks so much!

A. http://www.facebook.com/username

for some reason, only some pages will be able to get a username right away, but eventually every page will get to pick their url.

How much would you pay (if anything) for a custom designed facebook profile picture?
Q. I asked a graphic designer to design a custom profile pic for my facebook page (cause I'm really picky). He said he would do it for $20. Is that a good deal. What's the most you would pay?

A. Depends on how complex the job you are asking him to do as well as how much time it will take him to do the job. These are all factors in the cost. So without more information it is very difficult to give you an answer.

How to get rid of scrollbars on Facebook iframe page?
Q. I am trying to implement a custom iframe page on our facebook fan page...It keeps coming up with scrollbars even though I am 100% sure the image width if 520px.

I have tried to the various solutions online but Facebook has apparently changed its app settings in the last month or so.

Anyone have any simple instructions for a person who is not great with html?

A. **Assuming you are creating a "custom app" through Facebook Developer and not some third party app to create the fan page tab.

You can fix this problem by implementing some CSS. CSS is web standard scripting that allows you to add style rules to your websites.

Adding the following code within the [head] tags of your website will disable horizontal scrolling:

<style type="text/css">
body {
overflow-x: hidden;
}
</style>




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment