Wednesday, March 20, 2013

For security reasons your account is temporarily locked How to fix?

Q. Ok, tested on 3 different pcs*I am a gamer and I also build pcs & do virus removal* I was posting on facebook when I got booted and asked to log back in. I closed the entire page and reopened I get this

For security reasons your account is temporarily locked
Unfortunately, your computer may be infected with a virus.
Don't worry. We'll help you find and remove any infected files right away.

I click Next

How you might have been infected
Often, users who are infected with malware are tricked into running a malicious program, which infects their machine with malware. Remember, you should never run programs from sources that you don't trust.

Click Next again

McAfee Scan And Repair
We're pleased to offer McAfee Scan and Repair to you at no charge. If any infected files are found, McAfee Scan and Repair can remove them for you automatically. If you prefer, you can also remove them yourself.

By clicking this button, you are agreeing to the McAfee Scan and Repair terms of service.

Not gonna do it. I got a paid copy of Norton, and I know Norton doesnt play nicely with Macafee. Also scanned with Anti Malware. No infection. I am also locked out on my other 2 pcs. But 2 family members were able to log in no issues on all 3 pcs.

So how do I fix this? My pcs are infection free. Issue exists on Chrome and Firefox

A. Yep same here, I re set the password three times - got mails from FB and then I went the route of saying 'someone else re set my P/W and then secured the account with another re set, - worked - had to wait a bit, then was back in (logged out for a while) then logged back in with new P/W (longer one)
It was a sudden lock out while I was uploading a pic...

How do you remove the koobface worm?
Q. I had gotten the virus from facebook...does anyone know of a good free virus removal or any info of how to get it off? Any help is appreciated!

A. Here's removal instructions:
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2008-080315-0217-99&tabid=3
http://www.norman.com/security_center/virus_description_archive/69263 â--click Removal tab
Use Norman Malware Cleaner: http://www.norman.com/support/support_tools/58732/en-us
It's a "one-time use & then delete it" tool because they update it daily. It's a great program - I've used it previously. Your anti-virus & anti-spyware programs should also be able to remove it

...

Why does almost everytime I go to facebook Im redirected to myspace?
Q. It happens with other sites aswell like metacafe or collegehumor. Is this a virus? I have a mac.

A. "Is this a virus"
Sorry to say,Yes. Any redirection of web pages, be a Mac or a Windows PC is an infection. Being a Mac limits your selection of a removal tool but here is one that is Free
ClamXav
âºhttp://www.clamxav.com/index.php?page=dl
Mark's Software Forums
âºhttp://www.markallan.co.uk/BB/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment